WIFVNE is pleased to announce its 2021 Short Screenplay Competition, which aims to inspire creativity for screenwriters and independent artists. We welcome you to submit a 10 page screenplay concerning the theme of "Survival."
WIFVNE Board Member Ingrid Stobbe speaks about this year’s theme: “The idea of “SURVIVAL” has taken on so many messages and connotations during this past year that its artistic relevance feels like an imperative theme to explore. We want to provide the space and opportunity for our writers to unveil their emotions in narrative arcs, and cannot wait to read what they create for us that expresses what Survival has come to mean for them, and for their characters.”
Scripts should have a strong female protagonist as the primary character. The regular deadline is April 30, 2021. The late deadline is May 20, 2021. WIFVNE members receive a discount on the entry fee for submissions. Multiple submissions are accepted. All submissions should be made via Film Freeway. For questions, please email email@example.com.
Awards & Prizes
Winners will be announced in late June, 2021. All winners will be profiled by WIFVNE and be invited to participate in a Table Read of their scripts.
FIRST PRIZE: $150 and one year WIFVNE Individual membership. Additionally, the winner will receive a 20-minute consultant with Cheryl Eagan-Donovan. Eagan-Donovan is a former WIFVNE President, producer, and screenwriting consultant, who will assess the project and provide strategies for discovering and developing unique, authentic voices for narrative scripts and documentaries.
SECOND PRIZE: $50 and one year WIFVNE Individual membership.
THIRD PRIZE: One year WIFVNE Individual membership.
Rules & Terms
• Screenplays should be a response to the theme of "Survival."
• Screenwriters of all genders are eligible to submit scripts.
• Scripts must, however, have a strong female protagonist.
• Genre is open; narrative, documentary and experimental screenplays are accepted.
• Screenplay should be original work, and the sole property of the author.
• Scripts should not have been made into a motion picture of any kind.
• Author should be 18 years or older at time of writing.
• Scripts should be 3-10 pages. An additional title page may be included. Longer scripts will not be accepted.
• Proper screenplay formatting guidelines are expected. For guides on formatting, please visit https://www.storysense.com/format.htm.
• Entry fee is per script. Multiple entries may be submitted, but there is a separate submission fee.
• Scripts must be written or translated into English.
WIFVNE Thanks: 2021 WIFVNE Screenwriting Contest graphic created by Cassidy Gray.