Now in its 3rd year, the LEF/CIFF Fellowship is an opportunity for 6 New England-based filmmaker teams to attend the 2020 Camden International Film Festival and connect with funders, distributors, producers, and other industry professionals through a series of curated 1:1 meetings.
CIFF has become an important stop on the documentary festival circuit for both filmmakers and industry delegates, who attend to build new relationships with filmmakers participating in Points North Institute’s Artist Programs. Over the past two years, our 1:1 meetings have been attended by representatives from Ford Foundation | Just Films, ITVS, Netflix, SFFILM, Sundance Institute, and many more.
Developed in partnership with LEF New England, this program supports career sustainability for regional filmmakers by providing a unique point of access to potential industry supporters and the broader documentary community.
In light of the COVID-19 public health crisis, the 2020 LEF/CIFF Fellowship and 1:1 meetings will be conducted remotely.
The LEF/CIFF Fellowship includes:
- Participation in 1:1 meetings with industry attendees (October 5-9)
- Two Virtual All Access passes to 2020 CIFF and Points North Forum programming (October 1-12).
- $300 honorarium to all filmmaking teams who participate
- The Fellowship is open to projects with directors who have established their primary residence in New England
- Feature documentary projects in production or post-production
- Prior LEF/CIFF Fellows are not eligible to participate in the program again with the same project. However, prior LEF/CIFF Fellows may apply with a new project.
Applicants will be evaluated based on LEF New England’s guidelines, which include these factors:
- Quality of cinematic form and technique
- Originality of filmmaker’s voice, vision, and point of view
- Resonance and power of the film’s core idea or story
- Feasibility of production
Deadline: August 28 @ 11:59pm | No Submission Fee
To apply, visit: https://fs8.formsite.com/camdeniff/ip2hbqowzl/index.html
The LEF/CIFF Fellowship application follows the guidelines established by the IDA’s Documentary Core Application Project.