Interns & Volunteers
Thank you for your interest in supporting WIFVNE and our mission to Change the Lens with your time and talents. Our volunteer and internship positions are flexible and designed for each person -- to suit your interests, your skills, your creativity. Volunteers and interns are accepted on a rolling basis. We do ask for a minimum commitment of eight weeks with at least five hours per week of activity, though we can be flexible for various school programs that are shorter in duration with a higher number of hours per week. All positions are remote and supported by members of the WIFVNE Board.
1) What are my media interests? (Like it all? That's totally fine!)
2) Am I interested in being mentored with a WIFVNE member? What might a good field be for that person to be in that'd be helpful for me? Are you interested in pursuing an independent project?
3) What is my time like during the week? We don't want to overburden you so knowing this can be helpful for what we send your way.
4) In a dream world, what do I think I'd be looking to gain from this experience? Access to professionals who are members? Attending events and being able to network? A job as a camera operator on set? etc., etc.
* Also, what types of films/TV/content do you enjoy watching/would you want to create? Are you interested in documentaries? Sit-coms? feature length horror films? Science programming? History shows? Animation? Creative commercial production? Educational/academic videos? Etc. etc. Let us know! It helps us to connect you with members working in those areas.
1. Writing: Website blog posts; event posts; articles; resources; movie reviews
2. Social Media assistance: Supporting WIFVNE's online presence on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn, as well as TikTok, Clubhouse, Vimeo, and YouTube.
3. Work with the WIFVNE Board: Shadow one of our Board members such as our President, Vice President, or Treasurer. This is an ideal position for someone who has done at least one production, whether, producer, or director, or camera, or line producer on a student film.
4. Graphic design: Create banners/graphics for member communications. Design event graphics. Help with campaign graphics templates for various initiatives.
5. Editor: Edit WIFVNE virtual events. Edit WIFVNE footage from live events or productions.
6. Event manager: Work "behind the scenes" by being a moderator on Zoom (watching the chat, managing break-out rooms), etc. Support in-person events (when we return to them) with logistics, preparations, and greeting. Help WIFVNE brainstorm and organize new events.
7. Film Festival liaison: Connect with and support engagement efforts between WIFVNE and various film festivals in the New England region.
Other projects as mutually agreed upon.